Friday, August 8, 2008

Pretty In Pink

Wow. I not only fell off the wagon. I fell off and over a cliff. I am back. Hopefully for good. I'll start off easy today.

I'm getting ready to go to a birthday party tonight. Since it's 8-8-08 naturally it's an 80s party. So, I will dig out my favorite sweater and wear it once again. It's neon green and I actually wore it in the 80s. It's the one item of clothing I kept from that period. I was so very into neon. Neon pants, shirts, skirts, shoes and tons of earrings. How anyone can look good in neon is beyond me but I loved it. I've kept this sweater partly for nostalgia sake and mostly because it's the most comfy sweater I own. On days when I'm particularly down or sick, I'll drag it out and it just makes me feel better.

But tonight I have a fun occasion for it! I'll wear it with a mini skirt, not jean but it will have to do. And I'm looking forward to putting my hair in a side pony tail. I think I must still have some terribly obnoxious earrings to wear. If only I had the jelly shoes. It's not worth really going out to buy, I just wish I still had them.

The saddest part of this is not that I will be an old person reliving the music and clothing of my youth. The saddest part is that the person who's birthday we're celebrating (who loves the 80s in general on any day of the year) she was only BORN in 1983. She spent the 80s in diapers. I don't think they came in neon or paisley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the bracelets. Gobs and gobs of those multicolored (mostly neon) rubbery bracelets.

*smooch*
Eglentyne