Friday, June 6, 2008

Psychics Part II

I suppose I can't mention going to a psychic without following up with what she said. The school that I went to is called True Insight and they have lots of classes, workshops and events. I went to their monthly open house last month and it was pretty cool. Mostly, I was impressed with their balance of explaining what they do without pushing you to join. They did a good job of leaving out the pushy part. At the open house, they provide an aura healing and a brief communication (sort of reading.) They also raffled off a long session, which they do weekly, of an hour and 15 minutes. This is what my husband won. And I was excited so I went and got one too.

They are sessions done by students so the price is very reasonable but you never know what you're going to get. As a person who's into going to see acupuncturists at a clinic, I'm comfortable knowing that the students working on me are far enough along in their training that they do a great job, even if not 'full fledged' official yet. When my friend went, she had several students reading her at once, taking turns. My husband ended up with only two readers and I only had one. Still they gave what seemed to be good readings.

My person told me about my rose, some of my past lives and my auras. She also was open to answering some questions I may have brought with me. All in all, I was pretty impressed with her. She was pretty awesome! She identified a number of things that are true for me and, as a test, not true for my husband.

The past life issues she identified for me were pretty right on. The first one was especially right on. She said I was a girl who's parents didn't have enough money for a dowry. So I decided to become a teacher instead and never marry. The issue with that life was that I always struggled with deciding between having a family and working/doing something that was creative. Wow! I'm sure there are many people with this struggle but it has been especially bothersome to me. In fact, in an earlier blog I wrote about how I had realized that, in trying to find balance, I fight being a full time mom like my mom and I fight being a workaholic like my dad, leaving me with no idea of what that balance may be. I'd say that issue from that past life fits me and what I'm currently working on. Cool.

Does it really matter if it was a past life of mine? I'm not sure analytically if I believe that they are reading past lives or if my body somehow communicates with them a story to explain an issue that I have. Maybe my body is taking a problem I have, turning it into a movie of the week and screening it for them. I don't think it does matter since they're obviously capable of watching the film I'm showing. And that is just as amazing!

She read some other past lives that related to equally important issues that I currently struggle with and all of it was cool. The aura readings seemed to point to some pretty ingrained characteristics in me. And she answered my questions in an interesting way. They are not allowed to give advice. Maybe because they're students. This is another place where I'm not sure I'm a true believer. I gave her a list of 4 things I'm choosing between. She meditated on each one and read the colors around them, letting me know if they were positive or not. Here's the thing, is she telling me colors that come to her because the universe is telling her what is good for me to do or is she getting colors from me based on what I want to do? I guess again it doesn't matter again because if deep down it's what I really want, then it will make me happy then, right? I guess.

It's funny that I try so hard not to give information to her, make her guess, test her the entire time and then debate the results. She said in one of the past lives I had trust issues. Yeah, I know. Like the X-files poster, I want to believe. I just don't want to be lied to. And I absolutely believe that there are people with this gift. It's just hard for me to believe each person without testing them first. It takes a lot for each individual to win me over. But, I have to say, the whole event, especially after adding in the big hits they had on my husband's reading, was pretty convincing.

No comments: