Thursday, June 5, 2008

Psychics

I'm going to see a psychic tonight. Yeah. I know. Kind of crazy. And I suppose it makes no sense for a girl who hard core believes in God to think that psychics are real but I do. Now, that's not to say there aren't fakes out there, there are plenty of fakes. I know that for sure. I was one of them.

I worked for a little while as a phone psychic. Yep. And yet I know that I'm not psychic. I answered an ad in a paper looking for people who wanted to become one and I wanted so badly to be psychic that I signed up. I've wanted to be psychic since I was a little girl. I would stand at my window on weekends and think thoughts really hard to my best friend trying to get her to hear me. Then on Monday, I'd ask her if she heard me. Nope.

I kept pestering my mom in the hopes that she would admit that somewhere I have a twin sister that she gave away at birth. Because in all of my books back then, I'd read about twins who had amazing psychic connections. No such luck. But she did offer to sell me to the gypsies whenever I got on her nerves.

So, after hoping for so many years, here was someone who would teach me how to be psychic. Actually, she taught me how to read tarot cards. And she said that being psychic is like having a muscle that you need to exercise. The more you exercise it, the stronger and better it gets. So I believed just as hard as I did when I was little.

I took calls for a couple of months and hoped that as I got better at reading cards, I was also getting more psychic but there was little proof. And, I started feeling bad that I was lying to the people calling and stealing their money. Technically I wasn't lying because I was reading their cards and it's possible that their psychic vibes were coming to me to influence the cards and it's possible that I was being granted some sort of psychic guidance to interpret the cards the right way. But I still didn't have any proof. And I felt bad because the company wanted me to try to keep people on the phone longer than they wanted to get more money. But I couldn't do that. That would have been too far. So I never tried to draw out the call, I just gave them a reading.

And maybe I would have gotten better. Maybe not. But one night a woman called asking me to help her find her daughter. She said she had run away. I asked her if she had called the police to have them help look for her and she insisted that she had but my psychic sense said that she hadn't. Here was this woman with a missing child turning to me, certainly no expert, to find her. I did my best reading the cards and it turned out that the girl came back during the call. She was a teen and perhaps it was just a stunt, perhaps she did it often and that's why the mom didn't call the police. I didn't care. I didn't want to be responsible for that. Sure, if I really were psychic, I'd be all over the country trying to help find people and solve crimes...but I'm not!

So instead, I'm going to go to see a real one tonight. My husband won a free reading and I'll be darned if I'm not going to get one too. It's from students at a psychic school. Yep. You can find anything in LA, including a school for psychics. I just hope they're further along in their development than I ever was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the contrary. Real psychics are very close to God and spirituality. Check out Current Events, Conservative Outcomes by Freiman. The web site is conservativeoutcomes.com and I think you may like it. It was written for people like you.