Friday, June 13, 2008

Wasted

I have completely wasted a full day. Well, 4 and a half hours at this point. I'm about to jump out of my skin. 4 and a half hours that I will never get back. It's not even like I'm avoiding work, there is no work to do. It's a Friday and in the first hour and a half of covering the front desk, the phone did not ring once. Not for another 20 minutes did the phone ring. For someone who doesn't even work here any more. I had a small assignment of work to do. I did it. Done. I've now read the Daily Variety, Geek magazine and Inc magazine - all which come through my desk for various people who no longer work here. I've read blogs, my horoscope, my email - answered everyone I needed to, wrote people I haven't written to in awhile. Ugh.

Mostly I'm upset because I didn't prepare properly for today. Most days I like to bring some sort of project to work on. A song I'm working on, maybe stringing a new necklace or making new earrings, filing, rearranging papers, researching websites to post music on, working on my webpage, I have do to lists! And I neglected to bring anything with me. Well I brought my monster KCRW bag with me but I just cleaned it out, the other day at work, and emptied some papers at home and didn't replenish. I rarely let myself be bored, let myself have nothing to do. But I did. And now I'm stuck.

And not only am I annoyed that I must find new ways to entertain myself today, I'm annoyed that I've wasted 4.5 hours...quickly approaching 5. Once we rented a movie that we absolutely hated. I think it was a strange movie version of The Tempest. I don't know if you can anymore but you could go to Blockbuster and tell them you didn't like a movie and they'd give you a free rental for something else. You had to fill out a paper and say something about why you wanted the refund. My husband wrote, 'Two hours of my life, wasted, that I will never get back.' Well then. I can't even blame it on a lousy movie. Just on myself.

I will go now. To write a brand new masterpiece. You will hear it on the radio soon.

No comments: