Thursday, April 10, 2008

Air Trouble

I may be the only person who thinks the recent airline cancellations are just a cover. But I've been called crazy before and I'm okay with it. Yes, I'm into government conspiracies and cover-ups. My government wouldn't be doing it's job if it didn't. Aliens did crash land in Roswell. There was no magic bullet. Elvis is still alive. You know, I am new at this blogging thing but maybe I'll look around and find some other blogs that are also into this craziness and link them. Yes, that will be a new project to add to my lists.

Anyway, here is my theory. I think that the government has some information about a terrorist threat to a plane and this 'safety check' is their way of grounding flights. This way they can search the planes for whatever the real threat is or, just keep the terrorists out of the air and mess up their plan. Either way, they stop the threat without panicking everyone.

I only have one thing to back up my crazy idea- the airline's response to this. This grounding has been voluntary. Nobody at the FAA said they had to ground these flights in order to comply with this safety issue. These are new regulations that were established two years ago but there hasn't been any push by the FAA to enforce the regulations, only participate in inspections. Would the airlines willingly ground flights and lose millions of dollars? The only other possible reason is the suggestion that American Airlines will declare bankruptcy and ask for a government bailout. While I believe that an airline might have that has a plan, I don't think that the 6 airlines who have grounded flights (American, Midwest, Southwest, Alaska, Delta & United) could all declare bankruptcy at once and expect to all get bailed out. And, the airlines are not doing that much finger pointing over this. They are quietly canceling flights and trying to appease customers as much as possible. When was the last time an airline bent over backwards to accommodate you when I flight was canceled?

It's a cover up. I'm sure of it. They are checking their planes but it's based on a tip from someone, somewhere. Luckily I don't have to fly anywhere anytime soon. I'm very sorry if you do. Hopefully you won't be inconvenienced too much by this. But be grateful that, for a change, they are trying to save lives instead of save money. Do I sound like a lunatic yet?

No comments: