Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dogs Rock

Dogs rock. My dogs rock. I have neglected to pour out my heart about how much I love my dogs and dogs in general. Today at lunch, I watch a family play with their dog at the park. They ran around and he chased them and ran back and forth. He ran up to their small children but never knocked them over. He was very gentle with them. And he was so so happy. So it made me happy just to watch him.

That's how my dogs make me feel too. Lemon, Esmeralda (Ezzy) and Watson. They make me laugh by being silly, the make me smile to watch them play and they snuggle up with me when I'm tired, sick or sad. They're awesome.

Here are some things they do that make me smile. Watson, being the only puppy, has many more antics mostly because he just has more energy than the others.

Watson loves the flea control commercial where the dog sings 'There ain't no ticks on me.' He'll run in from the other room, even stop himself from eating, to come in and watch it. He likes watching the dogs in the commercial.

Ezzy snorts at us to show her displeasure. If we kick her off the bed or couch, she'll get off but then snort really loud to let us know she's not happy about it.

Watson will bark at the microwave when he's out of water. It took us a little while to figure it out but the microwave is near the sink. He's just sitting there barking up at the counters since he knows that water comes from somewhere around there.

Lemon sighs loud, depressed sighs just to get our attention.

Watson will let you know it's time for him to go to bed. He goes to the front door, pulls at his leash and waits for us. We always run them outside one last time before bed so he starts this ritual himself when he's tired. He'll also paw at his crate to get in when he wants a nap.

Lemon steals the other dog's food when we're not watching but you just say her name and she stops and walks away, even if you're in the other room.

Ezzy is a grumpy old girl who doesn't like getting wet. If it's raining or snowing out, she'll stop eating her food so that she doesn't have to go out as often.

Watson barks at himself in the mirror and in black car reflections.

Ezzy and Lemon love to dress up. If you start to dress up one, the other comes over without being called and waits to be dressed up too.

And all of our dogs snore really loud - since they are pugs!

No comments: