Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too Much Information

I've been doing some research online for some medical stuff. Nothing too serious, no one I know has a life threatening illness - at least they didn't before I started reading. Good Lord! It is very cool that you can get access to all kinds of information to various medical problems. Power to the people! I've heard a lot of talk lately too about how this will be the next revolution in the US. That as people get more and more access to medical information, they want more. They want more options, they become more informed, the demand different care. And, eventually, insurance companies or the government will have to bend to this will. I'm sure it'll take awhile, but the baby boomers might change the world still. They may change the insurance world as we know it, as the grow older, more infirmed and yet more tech savvy. I hope so.

Anyway, in looking up information about a possible allergic reaction, I end up finding all kinds of scary diseases. And then I follow that link and the next and the next and pretty soon myself, and everyone you know, is on their death bed. I'm going to lock myself in a bubble now. It was nice knowing you.

No comments: