Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

I am so busted. I didn't write on Friday. In my defense, I thought I would be at work a full day and they ended up letting us go early. Will I complain? No. Did I have lots of work to do like write a blog that I left undone. Yes. My apologies.

Happy Easter! For those of you on the edge of your seats, yes, I said all of the rosaries. Somehow I thought that at the Easter Vigil I would see a heavenly light upon me, hear angels sing and know that I did it right enough and it's all covered. That did not happen. I suppose this is part of that Faith thing. Fine. If that's the way you want to play this thing, God, fine.

Easter itself was a beautiful day. Maybe that was my 'confirmation' of a job well done. For those of you not in LA, ha! It was 80 degrees and the sky was clear (for a change.) It was one of those days when I finally understand why people will put up with the traffic. For it to be a beautiful warm day in March. This is the LA I signed up for.

I walked on the beach with my sweetie for hours watching the waves. We even saw dolphins in the distance! I stopped by my favorite bead store and they were having a sale, half off all strands! No way! :) We had lunch at a new Chinese restaurant (no it wasn't Christmas, it was Easter.)

Back home I worked on a new song that I'm pretty sure will be unveiled at Sunday's show. I'm pretty excited about it. I've had the lyrics written since May of last year. Yes, some songs take that long. Some don't. Last week I played a song that I had written just a few days before. But I wanted this one to be special so I held onto it for a long time. Now it will never measure up the greatness I have placed on it in my mind but at least I can finally sing it to you.

And the day was finished up with eating an Easter dinner prepared by my sweetie, yes he cooks too, and my cousin. :) I have nothing cool to say. I'm just basking in the niceness of this day. Still, even a day later.

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

No comments: