Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Uac Deer

A friend sent me her Mayan Calendar birthday this morning. Basically the site tells you your horoscope based on the Mayan Calendar. Go to http://mayaportal.lucita.net/tzolk.html to find out what you are and then look up what it means at http://mayaportal.lucita.net/. Mine wasn't that great. I'm an Uac Deer. It told me I tend to 'keep every tool they may ever use' which leads to 'clutter and indecision, loss and procrastination.' It also said that '...Deer may become stubborn, manipulative and evasive.'

Isn't a horoscope supposed to tell me nice things about myself? Sure, I tend to hold onto everything, create clutter, live in indecision and loss and I procrastinate because I hold on to options too long. Like today, I had too many things I thought I might write about and waited until the last minute to just sit down and write. So what? :P And yes I am stubborn. I don't know that I'll cop to manipulative. But I suppose if I'm working on being more honest, that implies that I'm usually evasive.

But shouldn't horoscope descriptions tell you you rock?! That you have traits that might be difficult but also have their up side? Honesty is completely overrated in this situation. And now I've decided (see, I can make decisions) that those Mayans were just whacked out. Sure they've discovered complex astronomical phenomenon way before the Western world and known about the end of time occurring in December of 2012 since before recorded time. I'm completely positive that they're right about that but this horoscope thing- totally botched.

No comments: