Friday, March 14, 2008

Speed Blogging

I've neglected my blogging duties today and I am forced to speed blog. Maybe this will be the trick to allow me to confess my deep darkest thoughts. I doubt it.

First, to put you at ease, my car started fine. It's running great. It was only my knucklehead move that caused any problems. And I am in a much better frame of mind. I wrote just as I had walked back yesterday and I was pretty grouchy, I must say. And now that I'm embarrassed, I'm making apologies so I'll just stop.

I think I end up with much more positive entries if I write at the beginning of the day instead of at the end. I feel like I should just sum up what I crossed off of my to do list instead of wandering around what could be with the day.

Mostly, I'm just nervous at this moment. That's probably coming across with my random thoughts. Not only must I finish this blog in the next four minutes but I have a show tonight. One tonight and one tomorrow night. I haven't had a true show in over a month and I'm feeling a little rusty. Wish me luck. I'm also bringing out two, possibly three, new songs. Wish me more luck. I don't normally play new songs until I've held onto them for months but, again as part of this take chances thing, I'm going to play them tonight. You'd think that after all this time of baring my soul, I'd be cool with shows and new songs but I'm not. I'm easily crushed. Now, you don't have to come to the set and tell me you loved the new songs just to make sure I'm not bruised. You could do that but then it's like cheating. I'd have fished for the compliment. Only say you like a song if you like a song of course. But even if you liked the new songs, or old songs for that matter, and even if you jumped up and screamed and clapped like mad and even if I knew that you would love it and knew you would react that way- I would still be stressed out to show it to you. And I'd still feel like throwing up. Wish me luck again!

1 comment:

eglentyne said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be great!!!

D