Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Say Cheese!

My friend, Paul, was at the show on Friday night and he took a bunch of photos! He's a great photographer in Phoenix, AZ, here's his website. www.prophotoaz.com Check it out. :) He was in town, came to the show and took, like I said, a bunch of photos. They came out really good. I'm hoping that he'll let me post some here and there for you to see.

I love posing for photos. But I don't want to be vain, because that is not cool. For a long time I thought that Vanity was one of the seven deadly sins but I guess it's not. Maybe I just combined it with Pride which is on the list and is the one I struggle with the most. Still, I'm a bit vain and that makes me feel bad. So I want to go on a photo shoot and have people make me look pretty and have a photographer say thing that make me feel pretty but I know the whole time I would feel embarrassed and bad that I'm getting all this attention. So, I've never done that kind of photo shoot. Instead, I make poor Patrick take photos of me.

Patrick's into photography and takes great pictures. At least he used to be into photography and taking pictures of me until he started taking pictures of me. This is no exaggeration. I made him take over 1000 photos of me to find the right one for the CD cover for 'Without Your Breath.' That's just evil. I don't know how many times he had to hear 'That one's great except for...' fill in with any teeny tiny thing I could pick on. I was awful. I am so vain that nothing was perfect. And on top of the picky things about the wind, a stray hair and a shirt wrinkle, etc., those things don't begin to address my worries about the physical things I cannot change like my (upon further reflection, I can't even list the physical things about me that stress me out. If I point them out, you're even more likely to notice and I can't handle that. Sorry, I'm censoring here.) I'm so freaking insecure. There. I said it. Are you happy now?

So. Paul's photos. They are awesome. He takes great photos and his lighting is really cool. He did a good job of capturing expressions of me that are very me I think. Poor Patrick has been beaten up by my craziness that the stated goal, again by me, is to take only photos that will make me look pretty. But then they don't come out very real I guess. Paul was lucky enough to not have me pour out my neurosis on him before he took the photos so he could just click away. They really are very good.

Of course, before I let you see any of them, I'll have to censor those too to make sure there aren't any that highlight my least favorite features. And, that will leave me with the photos that I think I look good in. But then if I post photos that I think I look good in, that's vain and prideful. So then I'll feel embarrassed about posting them. Maybe I'll just draw a stick figure and post that.

No comments: