Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Starting Out

I started blogging last month using my myspace page (www.myspace.com/ileanaburdine) and, while it was cool to have it right there with my profile, it was kind of hard for people to get to. It was my second attempt at starting a blog.

My first was at my main website (www.ileanaburdine.com) but that was a site that I wrote up myself and it was really cumbersome to add the blogs each time. That lasted maybe a day.

So now I'm trying again here. Since I just started, I'm going to add in the 3 that were from myspace but none of the ones from the other site. If this is poor blogging etiquette, please forgive me. Those 3 blogs may be the last clever things I ever write. If they were clever at all.

I'm calling this All My Heart for several reasons. One. I am trying to be a little more upfront and honest about myself. I have the tendency to put up a good face and not say what I really mean. I doubt that I'll be able to change that all at once but maybe, just maybe, this blogging thing will help me. Hopefully I'll be more honest to you than to myself.

Two. I'll probably write up things in here that I really like. Things I love, things in my heart, eh? eh? So very clever indeed. Will the cleverness ever end? Will it ever start?

Three. I'm more spiritual and religious (and yes I do think those are two different things) then I say out loud. It's another thing that I would like to be a little more open about. 'All my heart' appears several times in the Bible, one being in Deuteronomy, where it lists the many ways you should serve the Lord; with all your heart, all your strength, all your mind, etc. Maybe I have been doing that but it's been in a really quiet way. I feel I should get better about that. I won't write about God and the Bible and stuff all of the time but it'll probably color everything I write just a little.

Four. There is no four. I was just hoping I could come up with one. Three's not bad.

There it is. All My Heart laid out for you in 0s & 1s.

No comments: