Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nice move, Ileana

Dude. My car is dead. Apparently at some point I turned on the lights and left them on but I can't even tell you when I did that. I don't usually turn on my lights anymore because they automatically turn on every time the car is on. So why turn them on - you might forget to turn them off. See. I feel like an idiot.

I drove to a nearby park for my lunch break and it died there. It just wouldn't turn back on. And it was dead dead. I couldn't even get the car to lock and unlock. So I walked back to work in my monster platform boots. The park wasn't that nearby anymore. I have blisters now. Yes, I'm crying for sympathy! And I just felt dumb for killing the car and silly for walking around in these stupid boots that only look cool if your not walking around anywhere.

Thank goodness Patrick is a sweet and kind man. He's driving over to the park and calling AAA and getting it all squared away. Neither one of us thought AAA would get over there fast enough for me to get back to work on time. Not that they're super slow or anything, I don't call them enough to even know that, I just didn't want to be late for work. And I was worried that since I wasn't getting any juice at all, the whole battery might be toast which would be a longer and more involved fix than just a jump. Patrick gets the hero award even more since he's really sick right now with the flu. What a guy. See what a pain in the butt I am? I cause all kinds of problems. And I make my sick husband help me fix them. I'm so annoying.

And I can't even blame it on any one or anything. (See my rant on taking responsibility for things- No Do-overs) My car is a great car. I love my car. It is not the car's fault. It's not my husband's fault. I left the lights on. Gosh darn it I feel stupid!

I have nothing even remotely interesting to say. I'm just bummed by this recent turn of events.

No comments: